Saturday, September 7, 2013

Cudi & The Creator: A Concert Experience

 photo 001.jpg
In my 20 years of music-loving existence, I had never been to a concert. A little hard to believe, right!? After months of cyber-stalking one of our favorite rappers, Kid Cudi, my best friend Tiffany and I finally saw our opportunity to catch him live when he posted a touring schedule that hit a city relatively close to our hometown. Not only was this the perfect opportunity for us to get some quality time together since she currently lives 8 hours away from me, this was also a chance for me to finally attend a concert! And if that wasn't already enough, Tyler, The Creator was his opening act! It was a concert tailor made for me! As we excitedly plotted & planned our trip to San Diego for the show, we knew we needed to make room in our plans for girl talk and good eats. Here are a few photographs from the day!
 photo 004-1.jpg
We started our adventure with a round of tea from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
 photo 005-1.jpg
I felt like trying something new! After careful consideration, I settled on a Strawberry Cream Green Tea Iced Tea Vanilla Latte. A mouthful to say, but so delicious! I would order it again in a heartbeat!
After a 2 hour drive where we rapped along to Kid Cudi's entire Indicud album (his most recent release), we arrived at Phil's BBQ, a popular restaurant located in San Diego.
 photo 008.jpg  photo 009.jpg
We both ordered BBQ Turkey Burgers & French Fries. We aren't sure what they put in their sauce, but it was to die for!
 photo 011.jpg
After rummaging through 3 different thrift stores in search of the perfect pair of overalls (a gem I was unsuccessful at finding) and a round of coffee to rouse us from our looming food comas, show time was upon us! Unfortunately, cameras weren't allowed inside the venue. So for your viewing pleasure, here are some photos taken with my iPhone:  photo cudikiosk.jpeg  photo cuditicket.jpeg  photo golfwang.jpeg  photo cudi1.jpeg  photo cudi.jpeg  photo image-1.jpg  photo cudi2.jpeg
Within the sea of sweaty bodies on the Arena floor, we danced, we laughed, we sang, we screamed, we jumped, we chanted, we lifted our hands & lost our voices in the process. Both artists performed songs from old and new albums. Cudi nearly made me cry with his heartfelt rendition of Pursuit of Happiness while Tyler had me hyped as I aggressively shouted out the lyrics to IFHY. Kid Cudi is an honest and incredibly talented visionary. Not only are his beats out of this world, the lyrical content of his songs always hits home. His songs are personal, like pages from a diary being shared with the world. If he comes to a town near you, I suggest paying his concert a visit! An unforgettable adventure, I'd say my first concert was an incredible success! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment